As part of its Women in Business programme, the EBRD in Belarus is organising a training on corporate governance aimed at women entrepreneurs. The training – organised in the framework of the EU4Business initiative – takes place over two sessions in Minsk, on 25-26 February and 11-12 March.
The training is for women-owners and female executives of SMEs and is aimed at development of entrepreneurial skills within the framework of the EBRD's 'Women in Business' ” initiative, funded by the European Union under its EU4Business initiative.
Corporate governance is the interaction between managers, directors and shareholders for the control and strategic management of the company, the enhancement of shareholders’ value, and ensuring that all the company’s stakeholders receive their shares in the company’s revenues and assets.
This training will help participants to:
- Understand at what stage of development their business is now, outline the target status, and the action plan to achieve it;
- Identify weaknesses in the management system of a business, find areas for improvement;
- Find out what style of corporate culture and what corporate values best fit each organisation. Learn how to transform corporate culture;
- Find the optimal organisational structure for each business;
- Formulate the basics of the process of managing the productivity of employees, including a set of performance indicators of their activities and a mechanism for payment by results;
- Exchange experience with other women entrepreneurs, improve management skills and broaden professional horizons;
The course is based on best international practices and in-depth expertise. Classes include examples of successes and failures of international and domestic companies, practical exercises and discussions.
The course consists of two training sessions of two days each, with a break of two weeks between them to analyse the knowledge gained and to carry out practical exercises.
The training will be conducted by two experienced trainers from Belarus who have international practical experience in management and know how to successfully manage companies and personnel.
The EBRD’s Women in Business programme, funded by the EU under the EU4Business initiative, helps women-led small and medium-sized enterprises to access the finance and the know-how they need to grow. Under the programme, the EBRD provides access to finance through credit lines to local banks dedicated to women-led SMEs, alongside business advice to help businesses become more competitive. The programme also offers training, mentoring and other support to enable women entrepreneurs to share experiences and learn from each other as peers.
25-26/02/19 and 11-12/03/19
To participate in the training, fill out the online application.
The number of seats is limited. Participation fee - €140 per participant. The cost of training includes handouts, meals and coffee breaks.
For more information, contact the EBRD office in Minsk at tel. +375 17 308 39 34 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.