Representatives of small and medium-sized businesses explored methods and tools for market analysis, marketing research and business intelligence capabilities at a conference in Kyiv on 27 September, organised by the Kyiv Business Support Centre, with the support of the EBRD and the EU4Business initiative of the European Union.
The event – "Methods and Tools for Market Analysis. Intelligent Analysis and Reporting Systems for SMEs" - included presentations about:
- EBRD projects for SME financing and development, grant funding programmes available and the requirements for enterprises to participate.
- The importance of marketing research and how it directly affects business profits.
- Internal marketing audit to create a better image of the company's mission, goals, corporate culture, profitability, and efficiency.
- Development and implementation of promotional campaigns, and large-scale promotion programmes.
- Effectiveness of marketing and factors on which it depends, with a special accent on the positioning of goods, creativity in implementing marketing strategy, coordination of marketing activities, and external factors (regulatory authorities, seasonality)
The Kyiv Business Support Centre is part of the EU-funded Network of Business Support Centres, which aims to improve the competitiveness and bankability of Ukrainian SMEs through the provision of business advice and capacity building. It also supports BSOs in 15 regions of Ukraine in setting up a network of EU4Business Business Support Centres (BSCs). At least 30,000 SMEs and entrepreneurs will benefit from the project.