The Better Regulation Delivery Office (BRDO) set up in Ukraine under the EU4Business FORBIZ project will present a study on market regulation in the cement industry at a round table in Kyiv on 14 November.
Key topics for discussion include:
- Problems of certification of cement and other building materials in Ukraine: cancellation of mandatory certification since 2018, certification bodies' liability, shortcomings in accreditation system of laboratories
- Ineffectiveness of market supervision on the cement market - ways to increase efficiency
- Increasing the export attractiveness of cement from a national producer through an effective mechanism of regulation in Ukraine as a harmonious component of the European space
Key speakers are:
- Pavlo Kachur, Head of the Association of Ukrainian Cement Manufacturers "Ukrcement"
- Lev Partskhaladze, Deputy Minister of Regional Development and Municipal Economies of Ukraine
- Oleksiy Kudryavtsev, Head of the State Architectural and Construction Inspection of Ukraine
- Leonid Vitkin, Director of the Department of Technical Regulation of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade
- Oleg Tsilvik, Deputy Chairman of the Board, Ukrainian NGO ‘Union of Consumers of Ukraine’
Part of the EU4Business initiative, the EU-funded FORBIZ project supports Ukraine’s reform agenda and its economic recovery by proposing a systemic change to a more business-friendly environment with a particular focus on SMEs. The project seeks to steer a shift in policy towards greater recognition of SMEs and the vital role they play in economic recovery, while addressing the challenge of reducing regulatory burden and lessening risk for businesses.
Participants should register online.
For additional information call: +38 063 440 47 07